Mariposa County offers first rate historic museums that offer a view into our rich gold mining beginnings. Mariposa County was a integral part of the California Gold Rush and a large majority of museums in the County pay homage to the this fact. Our museums boast a vast and extensive collection of rare artifacts to this time period which helped shape the beginnings of California.
Mariposa County museums:
– California State Mining & Mineral Museum (Mariposa)
– Mariposa Museum & History Center (Mariposa)
– Coulterville Museum (Coulterville)
– Ansel Adams Gallery (Yosemite National Park)
– Pioneer Museum & History Center (Wawona / YNP)
– Mariposa County Courthouse (Mariposa)