Mariposa County and the surrounding region is pet friendly. Though there do exist restrictions within the National Park, when brining your pet you will be most content spending time in our National Forest, Public lands, and Bureau of Land Managment lands.
For a full list of pet procedures in Yosemite click here.
For more liberal activities with your pet, consider the following travel suggestions:
Pet friendly Trails:
– Lake McClure Recreation area Located approx. 20 mins from Coulterville, CA
– Merced River along Hwy 140 + Briceburg BLM area Located approx. 20 mins from town of Mariposa.
– Jerseydale Campground and Sierra National Forest Located 15 mins from town of Mariposa
– Nelder Grove of Giant Sequoias Located approx. 30 mins from south entrance to Yosemite National Park (pet friendly and you can actually touch the Giant Sequoias, which is becoming more and more difficult with current National Park restrictions.)
– Mariposa County Park Located in town of Mariposa
– Stockton Creek Preserve & Trail Located less then 1 mile from town of Mariposa