Mariposa County is not just a gateway to Yosemite National Park, it is full of adventures in its own right! We want all our guests to be able to travel here in a timely and safe manner, so you are able to enjoy everything Mariposa has to offer from shopping down our quaint main street to exploring the great outdoors.
The Visitor Center is located at the north end of town, at the corner of CA-140 and CA-49.
From the West
- Mariposa is located 37 miles from Merced, California.
- Take CA-140 east to Mariposa (37 miles).
From the South
- Mariposa is located 73 miles from Fresno, California.
- Take CA-41 north to Oakhurst (46 miles).
- Turn left onto CA-49 north to Mariposa (27 miles).
Driving Time to Mariposa
- From Fresno Air Terminal (1 hour 30 minutes)
- From San Francisco International Airport (3 hours 16 minutes)
- From Los Angeles International Airport (5 hours 18 minutes)